Improving our community begins with identifying the primary issues effecting our neighborhoods, analyzing the trends and likely causes, and developing specific ideas to address them. For us in Southwest Houston, the issues fall into four main categories:
Things will improve when we get involved, develop a plan with specific steps, coordinate with all community stakeholders, and push hard to get results. This is not an exhaustive list of issues by any means, but it should jump start the dialogue. Take some time and learn more about these issues and solutions. Your feedback and participation are vital.
- Why I am Not Supporting Mike Laster for Another Term: Part Two
- Why I Am Not Supporting Mike Laster for Another Term on City Council
- Tax Increment Zones (TIRZ) Expansions Designed to Beat Revenue Cap
- Half Billion $ Tax Diversion: Westchase 380 is a ‘Synthetic TIRZ’ that avoids Cap (Part Two)
- Not-so-super TIRZ? That’s just the latest diversion: (First in a series)